- This navy blue trench coat from ASOS is a great staple to have if you want a more professional look to an outfit, while keeping everything warm, including your booty!
- This shearling jacket from Acne is so in style right now. It will also keep you nice and toasty due to the Shearling it is made out of.
- This blazer jacket from Topshop is work chic, and is so cute when worn a couple sizes to big. And is perfect for those warmer winter days.
- This classic trench coat from Nelly is a dream. It is thick, to keep you warm. But, it will keep your outfit looking stylish and chic.
- Another jacket from Nelly would be perfect for the warmer days that are coming. With the blue stripes and robe like look it is super on trend.
- The last one is from Gucci. This jacket is beautiful, its my DREAM. It’s warm, stylish, with beautiful colours.
Hola!! Today, I woke up and something was different. There was no weight on my shoulders weighing me down. I didn’t feel the worry of what I was going to wear, eat and prepare for lunch. I simply woke up and just moved with the rhythm of my body. I didn’t eat breakfast, I forgot. I usually would beat myself up over something like that. But, today I didn’t, cause people forget sometimes, and thats okay. People mess up, they are human. Obviously breakfast wasn’t important to me in that moment. This is getting deep. haha. All because I didn’t eat breakfast.
- The thought of the week: That wanting to be alone is okay. After spending so much time around people during the holidays I started to feel guilt when I didn’t want to go to another family gathering. But, I realized that was my brains way of telling me, ‘Hey, slow down, take some me time’. And I did, and all of a sudden it was me who was wanting to go visit some family. Me time is important and self care is important.
- Craving of the week: Quinoa salad… I know, its kinda random. I don’t know if it’s because after all the heavy, big meals over the holidays, but I can’t get enough of a big bowl of quinoa, chickpeas, black beans, corn and lemon and oil salad.
- Favourite series: A Netflix original series called ‘Rotten’. It talks about the behind the scenes things that go on in the food industry and all the things that big companies and the food industry don’t want you to know.
- Favourite moment: My sister came home yesterday and we all went out for supper, and had a really great time. There was lots of jokes, laughing and just good old family time.
- Favourite song: ‘This is Me’ from The Greatest Showman soundtrack. Actually, the whole damn soundtrack is my favourite and on repeat at the moment.
- Want of the week: I recently tried out a moisturizer from OleHenriksen… I am running out and it’s my new holy grail skin care item!
- Quote of the week: “Don’t let yesterday take up to much of today” – Will Rogers
Los Angeles, California
I know, I know… LA, really? Well, I’ve been once before and I loved it. I love big cities, no one cares about what you look like. Everyone is too wrapped up in their own heads that they don’t pay attention to you, unlike in my home town where if you wear something out side of flannels and t-shirts you get stared at like you have a light up arrow pointing towards yourself. Not to mention it’s warm… like really warm.
St. Tropez, France
St. Tropez is the name of a self tanner for a reason… You get tanned when you go to St. Tropez, imagine that! Haha. Although I would love to just sit and relax, which is totally my style of vacation, you can also explore while in St. Tropez, it’s the best of both! Not to mention you can get some amazing photos here to!!
Who da best? Budapest! Haha, sorry I had to. (it’s currently 3am shhhhh). Budapest is stunning, and it has so much to do! This is definitely the adventurous part of me screaming out, as this isn’t somewhere I want to go for the sun. But for the experiences. I mean come on, look at that photo, it’s gorgeous!
Last, but not least…Bali. I feel like Bali would be the cherry on top to complete a year. Look at me already thinking about ringing in another year. But, I truly feel that Bali would be the perfect escape from reality, after all the Christmas hustle and bustle take a break and just relax. Take a scooter to get some food, then come back to a beautiful villa. AHHH someone take me here PLEASE!!
Where do you want to travel this year?
WAIT!? It’s 2018 already!? It feels like 2017 just started like, last month. I had to give myself a talking to last night, I need to get my life together…ASAP!!!
My family is lame and everyone left by 9:00pm, so I put on some pj’s, a face mask, and pampered myself through to 2018. Left 2017 practicing self-care, began 2018 practicing self-care. Well, i’m going to go play in the snow now, have a great page 1 to 2018!
How did you spend New Years?
While on a road trip recently I picked up a few magazines to read. No, these aren’t gossip magazines that spread unnecessary drama (although according to People, Kim and Kanye are getting divorced…again). They are a magazine called RealSimple, I got two and my life has changed.
The two issues I got were titled ‘More Calm, Less Clutter‘ and ‘Find Your Balance‘. The first has a bunch of different hacks and tips that will help you with keeping the little things that add up more in order. Like putting washi tape on everyones chargers so its easier to decipher whose is whose, or keeping a dish in your laundry room/space that you can put loose change and other smaller trinkets in that you find in pockets while you are doing laundry.
The second one is right up my street. It talks about the different ways you can change your life in order to relax in the stressful world we live in today. It also explains the science behind a lot of the things they talk about. Like how having long term stress, causing our ‘fight or flight’ mode to kick into gear constantly means that cortisol is released from your brain constantly causing weight gain in your stomach, and weakens our immune systems when exposed to it over a long period of time. It also helps with everyday things, like learning how to not stress over things like a baby crying, or get frustrated at a guy who just cut you off. It teaches and gives tips on how you can not let that control your entire day.
There is a lot I learned from reading these magazines. Simple changes in habits I do everyday that will have an impact on how I view both the world, and myself.
What annoyed you today? Was it silly looking back on it?
Where has 2017 gone? I swear it was just the beginning of the year 2 weeks ago. The older I get, the faster the years seem to go by. But, with a new year, comes new year resolutions for most people. I usually am one of those people, this year I was supposed to star working out, travel a ton, maybe do a few spontaneous things along the way and work on my anxiety. Well… I went to the gym once for like 30 min, traveled to 2 places and due to my anxiety, didn’t leave my house unless it was a need to moment. Thinking back on this it leaves a weird feeling in my stomach and makes my brain feel oddly detached from my body.
This whole ‘new year, new me’ trend that happens around this time of year always leaves me feeling less accomplished then I had before by the end of said year. So, this year there are no new years resolutions.
2018 starts on a Monday. And most would hate that, who likes Mondays? Especially when most will probably have hangovers for the next week anyways. Well, my friends I feel like this is the perfect time the year to start, not only is it at new year, its a new week and I feel like when the beginning of my week starts good, my week tends to go by much smoother. So, why not have that for the year as well?
I’m not going to be giving myself unrealistic goals, I simply want to enjoy this year, wether thats me sitting in front of the T.V. watching Netflix for the day, working out, eating crap or eating healthy, traveling when I feel like traveling, making to-do lists or just say f*** it and sit on the couch all day, well then thats what I’m gonna do. No pressure needed.
Do you like making new years resolutions?