Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Spring is here!… kinda. Here in the north the weather has gotten to that stage where you need a jacket when you leave in the morning, and are overheating in the afternoon. It’s such a long, annoying time of year. And it’s even more annoying to dress for it.
These are some must have pieces in my wardrobe for this time of year!
1. High waisted denim. Not only is it a huge trend at the moment, but they are comfier then skinny jeans, and are so easy to style! Pair them with a cropped sweater and either sneaker or some booties.
2. Cropped sweaters. These are essentials in my closet for anytime of year.
3. Basic t-shirts. You can never go wrong with a basic T, some mom jeans sneakers and an oversized blazer this time of year.
4. Booties. With all the snow melting I love wearing some booties. They are warmer then sneaker, can be dressed up or down, and don’t look like a big winter boot.
5. Trench or blazer? I love both, they add just the right amount of warmth in the morning and don’t cause you to over heat in the afternoon. Not to mention they are some of the biggest trends at the moment!
Photos: Redone, Brandy Melville, Nelly, NA-KD
WHAT ARE YOU MUST HAVE PIECES?
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are my childhood hero’s. I grew up watching them on T.V. every single day when I visited my Nana & Papa during the summer break. If you follow me on Pinterest, then you know I have been pinning the hell out of their photos! There style is so simple, yet different. I am obsessed with it! Rarely are there outfits something other then neutral coloured, but they somehow make everyone stand out, and set the newest trend!
Their street style is unbelievably chic, yet wearable. With 2 fashion houses they own, The Row and Elizabeth & James, they are the epitome of chic.
With the pressure of designing complete lines for both companies, along with other designing projects for different brands, they are true business women and have become the person I aspire to be as I grow older.
WHO IS YOUR INSPIRATION?
Spring is so close I can ALMOST feel it. Here in Northern Canada it’s still quite cold… but I am just so excited for spring I’ve been thinking about all the pieces I want to wear!
It’s a new week, with some new inspirations! Anniken Jørgensen a.k.a Annijor
is it this week! (and secretly every other week as well… shhhhh). There is just something about her style that catches my eye every damn time! She knows how to wear baggy jeans, she knows how to style an oversized faux fur coat, she knows how to wear the perfect amount of jewelry, and on top of that after reading her blog, shes an amazing writer and is honestly goals. Plain and simple.
If you haven’t checked out Anniken’s blog or her insta… do it! You will not regret it I promise! At times, her blog is like her diary it feels.
She isn’t scared to write her feelings, and is so damn relatable all the time and is just real. She doesn’t pretend to have a perfect life, she shows you how life is and that’s so important! Peoples lives aren’t like how you see them through a photo on instagram, and she shows you that when she needs to. In the end, just please go read her blog! haha.
WHO INSPIRES YOU?