Winter is slowly, but surely coming to an end. HURRAY!! Meaning we can finally come out of hibernation! haha. Along with hibernating all winter, I find myself not letting go of much, and my room tends to get over-crowded and nothing has been given a good, proper clean.
But to be honest, spring cleaning hasn’t always been something that excited me. In fact, I never really did a full spring cleaning up until last year. And after I did it, I noticed such a difference in my mood. Cleaning the winter grime away completely changed my mind from hibernation mode, to spring mode! So, I decided to give my top 6 tips to make spring cleaning a little more bearable.
- OPEN WINDOWS : After having your windows shut all winter it tends to make your home feel stuff, with stale air. Opening the windows brings fresh air into the home. I also love to light some floral scented candles, or putting some nice essential oils in my diffuser.
“cleaning it ALL seems daunting”
2. ROOM BY ROOM : When stepping back and looking at your entire home, cleaning it ALL seems daunting. But tackling one room at a time makes it so much more bearable! I also find I clean a lot more thoroughly when I do it one room at a time.
3. REMOVE EVERYTHING : It’s such a task to clean around everything, and move everything one by one as you clean. So, remove everything other than the big furniture in the room! Not only is it more convenient, you’ll also give everything a deeper clean. This is also a great time to throw your sheets in the wash and give them a deep clean.
“Spring cleaning is the perfect opportunity to go through your belongings”
4.SORT AS YOU PUT BACK : After you deep clean, don’t just put everything back the way it was. Spring cleaning is the perfect opportunity to go through your belongings and get rid of anything you no longer like, use or wear!
5. DONATE : Instead of just throwing away all the things you no longer want and letting them go to waste, donate it! One mans trash is another mans treasure after all! Donating is also a great way to shrink your carbon foot print. And while your at the thrift store look for some new things to decorate your home for the spring!
6. PLANTS : Plants are all the rave atm! And there is no better way to bring the spring into your home then adding some house plants and flowers! Not to mention the mood lifter having colour and greenery in your home is!