Hola my friends! I can’t believe the first week of 2018 is already over. How is a year already going by fast when it just started? This was my last week of Christmas break from school, so back to real life on Monday I guess. I don’t want to go. Anyways, here are some favourites and moments from this fine first week of 2018:
- The thought of the week: That wanting to be alone is okay. After spending so much time around people during the holidays I started to feel guilt when I didn’t want to go to another family gathering. But, I realized that was my brains way of telling me, ‘Hey, slow down, take some me time’. And I did, and all of a sudden it was me who was wanting to go visit some family. Me time is important and self care is important.
- Craving of the week: Quinoa salad… I know, its kinda random. I don’t know if it’s because after all the heavy, big meals over the holidays, but I can’t get enough of a big bowl of quinoa, chickpeas, black beans, corn and lemon and oil salad.
- Favourite series: A Netflix original series called ‘Rotten’. It talks about the behind the scenes things that go on in the food industry and all the things that big companies and the food industry don’t want you to know.
- Favourite moment: My sister came home yesterday and we all went out for supper, and had a really great time. There was lots of jokes, laughing and just good old family time.
- Favourite song: ‘This is Me’ from The Greatest Showman soundtrack. Actually, the whole damn soundtrack is my favourite and on repeat at the moment.
- Want of the week: I recently tried out a moisturizer from OleHenriksen… I am running out and it’s my new holy grail skin care item!
- Quote of the week: “Don’t let yesterday take up to much of today” – Will Rogers
What are some of your favourites??