September. When time no longer matters, and darkness is welcomed. We wake to a fog filled world. There is a coolness in the air, being welcomed with open arms. The leaves are our clock now. Never wanting time to go, yet wanting to see the beauty only time will bring. Leaves begin to change, the sweet scent of apples and leaves mix in the air, the sound of rakes scraping on the ground begins to comfort my soul. September. You have lit a fire beneath my soul. I feel renewed with energy.
September. The time when fashion begins to change. Layering, textures, prints. New trends come and old ones leave. New inspiration makes way, like a new chapter in a book. Writers block is cleared. The next chapter is clear.
A label synonymous with “it” girls, cool kids and all things edgy, Acne Studios has quite the cult following. It also has some of my favourite ready-to-wear pieces like these Puffy boots. They are going to be perfect for the long, cold, harsh winters up here in the North. I can finally be trendy and functional! Haha.
The boots have the perfect soles with lots of traction for the snowy, icy weather we tend to get in the cold months up here. I can almost feel a slightly cooler breeze in the air. Can anyone else? The sun still kisses my skin, but the breeze has began to lick against it too. The nights are cooler and the stars have begun to shine sooner. How I long for autumn.
// Have you started your F/W wardrobe yet? //
Autumn. The time of the year where mother nature reminds you how beautiful it can be to let things go. Cold, pleasant air while the sun is gently out. The season where rain and fog make the morning that much more beautiful and car rides with good songs that much more enjoyable. You feel more, taste more and maybe even think more. Autumn will be like the night, another universe. Autumn. My happiness.
// ARE YOU EXCITED FOR AUTUMN? //
I woke this morning to a fog filled world. Slowly rolling out of bed I felt the cool floor beneath my feet, sending a chill through my spine. There is mist in the air, it kisses my skin. I have missed Autumn’s call, a message left, a promise of soon.
Belt : Vintage
Hello sweeties! I have been having trouble finding inspiration this past while for summer posts as I long for the Autumn breeze to kiss my cheeks. I know it’s only July, but this summer has been too hot. There is just something about crisp morning air and leaves crunching under your feet that I long for dearly. I need some inspiration as there is still august and most of September before I can even think of times like those. I have gathered images and different pieces that make me excited for summer again!
Hello sweeties! This week has been rough to say the least. I have been falling out of all my routines and keep forgetting to do simple tasks, like feeding myself. Haha! But one thing that has kept me sane for the last week is meditating. I know, I know, it’s all we hear about nowadays. But, it works! Even for 5 minutes before bed, I turn all electronics off and just let myself sit and breathe. No fancy clothing, yoga mat or sitting position needed if thats not your thing. Just silence. Trust me with this one! It changed my life!
// HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? //
Hello sweeties! Recently Zoella Beauty released it’s newest limited edition range, ‘Splash Botanics’. I purchased this new range about a week ago and have been using it everyday since. The scent is so light and fresh with hints of floral for the summer. It is definitely going to be my go to for the rest of the summer.
The packaging, like all the Zoella Beauty products, is amazing! With the ultimate summer relaxation vibes radiating from it, and an even more summery scent this is hands down my favourite range from Zoella beauty. The range includes a body sorbet called ‘Quench Me’, moisturizing body wash called ‘Make A Splash’, bath milk powder called ‘Lagoon Love’, bubble bath soak called ‘Drench Me’ (not pictured), body mist called ‘Botanic’eau’ and a lip oil called ‘So Soft’.
The scent itself is light, fresh and slightly floral. All the products are infused with coconut water and lychee, both of which are hydrating and boost the radiance of your skin. Giving your skin a healthy glow all summer long. The lip oil is so hydrating its insane, I have used this product religiously since purchasing it and am thinking about buying a second to have on hand as a back up. These products keep you feeling moisturized and give you the smoothest, softest skin with an amazing sheen to it.
With the purchase of $15 or more of Zoella Beauty products at Ulta you will receive this free gift of a mini ‘Make A Splash’ and ‘Quench Me’ as well as a loofa.
With all that being said, if you still aren’t 100% sure this is the range for you this summer, the price tag might convince you. With generous amounts of product that is amazing and nothing priced over $12.95 USD you can’t go wrong having this as a staple this summer. The range is also vegan friendly and Zoella Beauty itself doesn’t test on animals.
// Have you tried Splash Botanics? //
Sundays are the marking of a fresh week. So, I decided I wanted to give a fresh tip every Sunday that I have learned from traveling, friends and family to aid in your fresh beginning. This weeks is a 100% silk pillow. Sleeping with one of these instead of rough polyester or cotton is great for your skin and hair. It aids in the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles as well as aids in hair growth and keeps your hair healthier. I also find my face to not be as dirty in the morning when I wash it. You can buy them for a hefty price on eBay. It’s worth the price, trust me!
// WHAT TIPS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE? //
Hello sweeties! I recently returned from traveling around Europe for 2 weeks. I had the best time learning about the rich history entwined within every street and the amazing architecture that we just don’t have here in Canada. 13 flights later and I am back home and day dreaming of Oslo.
Traveling in general can be super stressful, throw in 13 different flights within 2 weeks and anxiety can take over your trip. I have struggled with flight anxiety for the last 3 years, and I think I finally have a routine that works.
I was always stressed the night before and morning of a flight, running around making sure I had everything I needed. This stress sets the mood for the rest of your travels and almost guarantees a stressful airport experience, and flight. Some ways to make your morning less stressful:
- Start packing a few days before you leave.
- be fully packed and ready the night before.
- Have all your tickets downloaded and check into your flights on your phone.
- Have your bags sitting at the door waiting for you the night before you leave.
I always make sure to carve out some time for me to pamper myself and relax the night before, especially if I have an early flight.
- Have a bath
- Moisturize your whole body
- Face mask it up!
- Watch your favourite TV show or movie
- Get some ZZZ’s
Having a smooth airport experience is key to keeping calm while traveling. Give yourself enough time, running through an airport, stressing over making it to your flight, will set the tone for the rest of you travels.
Check in & Security:
- I fully recommend checking in on your phone, but if you haven’t, check in right away and get it over with.
- Check all your bags except 1, even if you can have more then 1 carry-on, only bringing one means you have less stuff to worry about keeping with you.
- While standing in the horrendously long security line, remind yourself that at any point you can leave, but, you won’t make it to the destination you have been planning and thinking about for weeks now.
- Once you have passed security, keep your mind occupied.
- Have something to eat, find you gate, look around all the shops, etc.
- Use an meditation app to keep you calm if need be, I use Breathe.
Take off, landing and turbulence
Take-off and Landing
- Use a meditation app too keep your mind occupied while waiting for everyone to board, or check out the in-flight entertainment if available.
- Make a playlist of songs you want to listen too, maybe save an album ahead of time that you haven’t heard from your favourite artist and listen on the flight.
- Look at the flight attendents if you can whie taking off, they have flown so much they know what a normal movement for the plane is, if the experts aren’t concerned why should you?
- Stop your mind and thoughts from spiralling.
- Listen to that album you have been saving, keep your mind on the beats and melodies.
- Play games on your phone, again, it keeps your mind busy
- Find a series you really like, or are interested in watching and watch it on the planes entertainment system or download it onto a personal device.
- Again, watch the flight attendants, if they aren’t concerned, why are you?